For technical support for the Lavazza A Modo Mio Jolie model coffee machines, please contact Lavazza A Modo Mio Customer Service and have the malfunctioning coffee machine and proof of purchase to hand.
|Hours||From Monday to Friday 08:00–20:00
- Use only Lavazza A Modo Mio or compatible capsules.
- Do not load more than one coffee capsule at a time.
- Lift and remove the lid, then take out the water tank.
- Rinse the tank.
- Fill the water tank up to the MAX level, using only fresh, still drinking water. Replace the tank.
- Place the power cord in the position that best suits your needs.
- Plug the power cord into a power outlet.
- Press the power/brew button to turn on the machine.
- The machine will start the heating cycle. The power/brew button will start flashing a white light.
- The machine is ready when the power/brew button light becomes solid white.
- When you first start the machine, place a container under the coffee spout and allow 0.5 litres of water to run through without using a capsule.
- If first activation is unsuccessful (does not dispense), make a further 5 attempts. At the end of all 6 attempts, if the problem persists, switch off the coffee machine for 1 hour and then make another 5 attempts.
If the problem persists, contact Lavazza Customer Service.
Descaling instructions for the Lavazza A Modo Mio Jolie model coffee machines.
The formation of limescale is a normal occurrence when using the machine. Descaling is necessary every 2–3 months of machine use, or when you notice reduced water flow and/or cold coffee. To descale, use a non-toxic and/or non-harmful type of descaling product for coffee machines commonly available on the market. Do not drink the descaling solution and liquids that have run through until the cycle is complete. Never use vinegar as a descaling agent.
Some brief instructions for proper descaling
- Remove and empty the water tank.
- Fill the tank with a descaling solution and water as described on the packaging of the descaling product. Replace the tank.
- Turn on the coffee machine and put a container underneath the dispenser.
- Press the on/brew switch and allow 2 cups of water (approx. 150 ml each) to run through.
- Allow the descaling agent to work for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn on the machine by pressing the main switch and the stand-by button and follow the instructions described in steps 4 - 5.
- Repeat the operations described in step 6 until the water tank is completely empty.
- Remove the tank and rinse it with fresh drinking water. Fill it up completely.
- - Press the power/brew button to turn on the machine. Position a suitable container underneath the dispenser. Press the on/brew switch and allow all the liquid in the tank to run through.
- Once the water is gone, refill the tank and repeat the process described in step 9. The descaling process will be completed at the end of the cycle.
- To save energy, the machine will automatically switch to stand-by mode after 9 minutes of inactivity.
- This status is indicated by the button turning off. The machine can be reactivated by pressing the button again.